Thursday 14 July 2011

New Nada Budaya Restaurant in Nottingham

As promised, this is my first diary of setting up the new restaurant. I will share my knowledge, experience, up and low of setting up this restaurant. I hope they will all be ups...no lows! :)










The Logo for Nada Budaya Restaurant...very posh! :)

I am actually quite nervous with setting up the new Nada Budaya restaurant. For what I went through when setting up Ning Restaurant, somehow amazed me I want to go through all the hard work again. It's all about satisfaction but luckily this time I have my Auntie Maziah who is based in Nottingham will be running the restaurant with her husband. My job is just to set it up and get it running for her. Post work ie running the restaurant will be done by her and co which requires such commitment.



Briefly on Nada Budaya Restaurant, it will be 54 covers restaurant serving Malaysian food. Why Nada Budaya? Well here comes the story, my Auntie used to be in the pop band in 70s called Nada Budaya (Culture Rhythm). Yes, that's true. Well knowing the existing Malaysian restaurants in the UK mostly have Malaysian flower names, we thought why not to be different. We made it and do well with Ning Restaurant in Manchester, the name again was recommended by my Auntie believe it or not.

Today we met the Contractor on site. There's tons to do. I'm trying to remain calm. When it comes to setting up a restaurant, it's all about DECISION DECISION DECISION. All the decisions have to be made promptly after appointing the Contractor without delaying their works, which will cost us more. The electrician was present too, clearly whatever your decision is should not be affected by them. Some Contractors can use this opportunity to rake more money from you but my gut feeling the Contractor we appointed is very reasonable. Well perhaps too early for me to say that. We shall see! My style of making decision is to be simple, less headache, quickly make decisions and move on to next set of works. That's how I work.

Demolition works to start in two days time and next week will be more clearance done. They have 4 weeks to complete the works. 14th August should be the completion date and our soft launch to be on 25th August. Not long to go.

I hope this journal will assist whoever have a dream to set up a restaurant! Give me some feedbacks of what topics or ideas you want me to share with you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad that a Malaysian restaurant is opening soon in nottingham. Looking forward to your opening day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, as long as your food is good, the Malaysians (and hopefully the locals) will come attacking by the hordes. It'll be so packed you'll be begging for a slow day :) Again provided if your food is good.

    P.S. Make sure the sambal is spicy and thick (and if possible to take away)!! I don't want the crap I get from Jom Makan.

    ReplyDelete